When the going gets tough, perseverance is God’s gift for bringing us through.
Here we are, closing out quite a series on Persverance. Being slick like I am, I have snuck in an opportunity to apply perseverance, all the while we are grappling with a difficult subject. Why else would I write a series with so many installments? We’ve had to persevere…in a GOOD way…to get to the bottom of it! That said, we’ve barely scratched the surface of this difficult blessing we call perseverance. In reality, perseverance, developing the grit to stick things out, is a life-time thing. When we can persevere, faith hangs in there and we can keep an attitude of worship through the trials.
Because I like to wrap things up nice and tidy, here are the highlights from the perseverance series. Each summary is linked to the original post. Download a free printable of the summary, 6 Keys to Perseverance Printable. Print this list and use it for your quiet times. It will be time well spent!
If you want to make sure you don’t miss any future posts, subscribe to the blog in the top right sidebar. It’s easy as pie!
6 Keys to Perseverance
Keep On: The Perseverance of Faithfulness
“He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much… Luke 16:10
▪ Stay faithful to persevere in the daily challenges.
▪ When you struggle to have hope, cling to Him anyway.
▪ When your plan isn’t working, trust Him anyway.
▪ When you are weary, rest in Him anyway.
Pray On: The Perseverance of Prayer
“… she kept coming to him, saying, ‘Give me legal protection from my opponent.’ ”—Luke 18:3
▪ Persistent faith keeps asking, keeps coming, despite prolonged difficulty.
▪ Persistent faith does not give in or give up.
▪ Keep on praying, believing that God will answer.
▪ Persistence is a choice.
Hold On: The Perseverance of Process
“Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary...”Galatians 6:9
▪ Discouragement can distort our vision and derail our purpose.
▪ The cost of discouragement is more than we can afford.
▪ God is in control of the results.
▪ He also provides set, appointed opportunities for us to accomplish His work.
▪ Don’t confuse not now with not ever.
Press On: What to do When You’re not There Yet
“ I press on toward the goal…”—Philippians 3:14a
▪ Have a realistic view of self—someone who is in process.
▪ Pray for a THIS ONE THING I DO attitude. Effort is required.
▪ Don’t get sidetracked or even road blocked by things that should be left behind.
▪ Past failure is past. No longer relevant.
▪ Don’t run backwards. Focus on forward motion.
▪ Things in the past need to take a backseat to the challenges ahead.
▪ Keep going. Refuse to give up!
Run On: 4 Keys to Staying on Track
“and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us…” —Hebrews 12:1b
▪ Throw off hindrances and sin—an active and decisive action.
▪ Hindrances slow us down, make running more difficult.
▪ Are we running the course, the path that God has marked out for us?
▪ Focus on Christ rather than on the situation.
▪ When we focus on the problem, it is easy to veer off course.
▪ Unfocused faith erodes hope.
▪ Discouragement takes root when we become fixated on our problems.
Count On: The Joy of Perseverance
“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds…”—James 1:2a
▪ Counting joy in the hard things of life releases strength and faith.
▪ Look beyond the trial.
▪ Embrace the wholeness that settles in with after-effects of endurance.
▪ Lacking in nothing–this is the joy of perseverance.
Click on one of the social media icons below and share this series with your world.